Thursday 19 June 2014

GOA-VIII (The Last Part)

(I asked Era to write the last blog so that you can hear her side of the story, what she felt. This blog is written by Era)

Ab aage…

We did not talk at all during the entire bus journey from the beach to the resort .Kanav confessed that he loved me, something I was waiting to hear from the last three days or maybe from a really long time. I was not sure. I was reluctant about my feelings , I did not say anything. In reality I should have been really happy but deep down I was really confused and sad maybe fearing what would happen now. So during the entire journey these thoughts kept on haunting me.
Finally we reached the resort and got back to our rooms to get ready for that day’s party, something we always did at night. It kind of became a fixed schedule.I entered the room , got laid on the bed and closed my eyes . I and shina were alone in the room, both looking at each other with awe about what happened at the beach as she had already seen me and Kanav holding hands and had an idea of what was going on. I told her how utterly confused I was about my feelings. She calmed me down, asked me to listen to what my heart says and not think too much and assured me that there was nothing to worry about as everything would be fine.
After overcoming all this I finally got dressed and met everyone downstairs.Kanav,Navdeep and Zen were sitting along the pool side having dinner. It was our last dinner at Wispering Palms. I was in no mood to have dinner as there were many more things yet to get digested , did not feel hungry at all. I just came and sat with everyone.Nobody talked much , were just enjoying their food, listening to the wonderful music. Things were changing, between me and Kanav and I think between Shina and Zen too. The question was that would everything end on a positive note?!
Keeping our thoughts to ourselves, we headed towards LPK, LOVE, PASSION ,KARMA , one of the best discs in Goa. It was me ,Shina, Kanav, Zen, Navdeep,Sanskriti and Harman. Kanav went to call a cab while Sanskriti was awfully intrigued by the fact that who was dating whom in our group.She started linking everyone with the other one. When Kanav came to us to tell us that there was no cab around, OUT OF NOWHERE , and to everybody’s surprise she asked Kanav, “DO YOU LOVE ERA DI?” . Everybody was shocked as no one told her what was going on between us and she had no idea about it. Just to clear my side I told Kanav I did not tell her anything. Kanav just smiled and feeling embarrassed left from there saying that he would give another try to find the cab. It was weird yet a funny moment.
We finally found a cab and some of us went to LPK in the cab while Kanav and Harman reached there by activa they had rented. On our way to LPK Sanskriti entertained us telling us all her experiences of the past three days . She was the only one who talked for those 15-20 minutes. Also she kept calling Navz and Zen “BHAIYA” while they kept on pleading her not to call them that .We were amused. So after all this entertainment we reached LPK where we met Harman and Kanav. Love Passion Karma was one of the most amazing places we all had ever seen.It was not just a normal disc. In fact , there was a long path, followed by a dining area along the sea side and in front the disc. The treat for the boys was that the drinks were free there. So as soon as we entered the disc, Zen and Kanav rushed towards the bar whereas me , Shina, Sanskriti and Navz were all excited to dance to the bollywood songs which was something unexpexted in a disc in Goa. We can say that the bollywood songs just doubled our energy. Later, the guys also joined us. But Zen was sitting in the corner with his drink , he seemed a little upset. We stayed inside the disc for about an hour , had a lot of fun as we knew it was our last day in Goa so we wanted to make full out of it. So after an hour , we came outside and sat on the stairs which were heading towards the dining area along the sea side. Kanav came, sat beside me and held my hand. We were spending the most amazing time together. Suddenly , we don’t know what happened to Navz . He took Kanav’s glass of beer and finished it in a few seconds. This was happening for the first time as Navz had never had alcohol before. We all applauded him for gulping it in in just one go. Then Shina also got excited and tasted Zen’s whiskey. The excitement got infectious and I tasted the whiskey too. I and shina found it yuck. But it was all worth it.
While we were sitting outside the disc, we could hear the  songs being played inside the disc. So this song ‘’ Main tera hero” from Desi boys got played and as drunk as Kanav was he started questioning me and these are his words,” Tera Hero kaun hai?” and that too in front of the other three . I thought to myself, not again , no more questions as I was still not ready to confront anything. I stood there numb, had nothing to say meanwhile Navz, Zen and Shina wanted to make full out of this situation which they thought was funny and supported Kanav by saying , “Haan haan bata kaun ha?i” ! I just turned his question down In a funny way but he was stuck up on the same thing for the next ten minutes and it those four VS me . While I and Kanav were standing beside the railing , unknowingly the tip of his cigarette touched my arm. He felt really bad that he hurt me with the cigarette and got annoyed with himself and left from there. When he left I told everybody to just shut up and stop teasing me. After a couple of minutes , even we all left and expected to meet him outside but he wasn’t there. We kept on looking for him for another five minutes when someone finally told us that he was helping a drunk guy from our college to reach the cab. Maybe it was the payback time . Remember how he got drunk on the first day and the guys from the college helped him get back to his room? So he and Zen accompanied that guy to the resort while me, Shina and Navz followed them in another cab.We reached the resort at around 2:00 am in the morning.After everything got settled down , five of us decided to go and relax in the guys’ room. As we were 6-7 steps away from our room Kanav held my hand, gently pulled me towards  him and we hugged. This was our first hug,though we had been best friends for more than a year . It was a magical moment.
We went back to the room , ordered some sandwiches , French fries and coke and decided to go to the beach in an hour. Kanav was still a little drunk and being drunk automatically makes him romantic. I told him I wanted to go to my room so that I could change but he kept on asking me not to leave him. That was really cute. But finally I convinced him that I would be back in five minutes so he said a yes with a sigh. We got changed into our comfortable pyjamas and T-shirts and went to the beach. Finally , it was the confrontation time and the arrival of the moment I was fearing since evening. Kanav asked me about my feelings, whether I was in love with him or not. I told him to let it go and not talk about it. But he said that it was important for us to be clear of what was happening. We both were too reluctant to get into a relationship because of that in built fear that what if it did not work out. Also, we were too different from each other, too too different. We discussed about everything from 3:oo a.m. to 6:00 a.m in the morning but still did not find a midway when finally Kanav told me that we should get together. By that time he was sure that with what we had for each other, things could never go wrong. But this was a life changing thing and I did not want to rush into it so I asked him that we would decide things only after getting back to Chandigarh.  After all the discussion we went to the balcony, sat on the bench in each other’s arms feeling completed .
After 15-20 minutes I woke up Shina and we went to our room and slept for a couple of hours. We had to leave our rooms by 1:00 p.m to go to the station from where we had to go back to Chandigarh. We woke up at 10:00 a.m. , packed our bags and went down to the guys’room. None of us wanted to leave the room but around 1:00 p.m . the housekeeper requested us to leave. We had lunch and left the resort. We were leaving behind so many memories and leaving Whispering Palms was one of the most difficult things we had to do. I and Kanav sat together in the bus, Zen was with Shina and sadly Navz and Lakshya found peace with each other. The journey from the resort to the station was beautiful as I and Kanav realised we were taking so much back from that place. I realised how awesome we were together and how beautiful everything was between us. This was the time I stopped thinking and finally told him I loved him too. We were , finally, after a long wait of more than a year together. The only thing common between us was that we were madly in love with each other.

It has been 8 months that we have been back from Goa but there is not one day we do not talk about our experiences there. It was a new beginning, of our love , of the friendship of five of us. The most extraordinarily amazing experience of our lives…….

No comments:

Post a Comment