Tuesday 10 June 2014

GOA-VI

Ab aage…

Finally, after getting lost for 3-4 times and experiencing the strangest things we reached the parking of Curlies and sighed. The distance of Curlies from its parking was of around 400 meters and a very uneven muddy path. There was no light, we switched on our phones for some visibility. Era was wearing heels so I held her hand and we walked pass through the muddy path and eventually reached Curlies. It was just so beautiful in front of the sea, with full moon and peace all around. We sat on the first floor on the mats and ordered hookah, something to eat and I again was stuck with fresh lime soda. We were sitting by the window and enjoying the breath taking view. We talked about the horrifying drive and how we had to be attentive while going back. I saw a room there, as we were leaving the place. An empty room with almost no light and loud trance music, all the stoned people were grooving to the music.
The ride back to resort was much more difficult than reaching Curlies as Shina’s phone died and we were on our own.  It took us almost an hour to get out of the that place. As we entered the city, we saw a police check post, I was driving the car and I was confident as I had my license with me. The police officer stopped us, and asked for the license, I showed him the license and he asked if the car was mine. I told him we were tourists and we hired the car. He checked if I was drunk with the machine, I passed that test. Zen was drunk, so he began saying “Sir he is not drunk, I am! I am!”
The police officer said that the car’s number plate should be yellow. I tried to explain him that it’s not a cab, it’s a car which we hired from a guy. He told us that even the hired cars should have yellow number plates, he accused me of stealing the car. I was shocked. He asked me to call the guy from whom I hired the car, I called him but the guy didn’t respond. He threatened me that he would have to take me to the police station and I would have to spend the night there for verification. I had no idea what to do. I asked him if I could pay for the mistake in other way. First he didn’t agree but later I convinced him. I went to get my wallet but as I had two bills of hundred but in no time Zen took a five hundred rupee bill from his wallet and gave it to the officer. Facepalm! Later we got to know through a waiter that you don’t need a yellow number plate for a hired car and we realized that police officer fooled us! Zen got so furious he started abusing him and cried that he gave him five hundred rupees. It was hilarious.
On the way back to the resort we picked up a bottle of whiskey for the night. Finally, we reached our resort’s parking , parked the car and headed towards the beach. It was around 3, we were lying on the beach when Harman came to the beach with a girl. We guys had never met her, she was our junior in the college, Sanskriti. As we were lying, it started to rain slowly, we were still there as we thought the rain would stop in some time. But, in no time it started raining heavily and we headed towards a small stable like place. I ran towards it and Era was walking slowly because I think she was not wearing any footwear, so I went back towards her and accompanied her. 
We waited for the rain to stop, but it didn’t, so we ran towards the resort in the rain itself . It looked funny. There was an open restaurant, especially for candle light dinners near the pool side, we sat there. Zen had already started drinking the whiskey and it was showing its effect. Zen took off his tee so as to relax. He was drinking a lot, so we asked him to stop and took the bottle away from him. He was drinking Signature and repeatedly asked us to return Teacher’s. The way he spoke was hilarious. He asked if anyone wanted to throw his phone in the pool. And out of nowhere Sanskriti asked that who was the guy who got drunk last night and whom people were carrying, again the awkward moment for me. Zen was sitting besides Shina and held her hand thinking that no one would notice. For the next ten minutes they kept holding hands. Zen again told us about the Nimbu incident which happened last night, when he went to take lemons for me and returned with nothing. He laughed after every line. After a while, Zen started to tease and started to make fun of Lakshya but Lakshya took it sportingly as he knew Zen was drunk. Though everyone was giggling and having a good time. We recorded all this on the phone.
It was around 5 am in the morning and Zen was going a little out of control, so we decided to take him to his room. I went to find the lemons and Harman supported Zen to walk him till the room. I made him drink the lemonade and he slept. Everyone decided to sleep and girls went to their rooms and boys to theirs but somewhere deep down I didn’t want to sleep and spend some time with everyone or maybe just Era.

Blog continues…

No comments:

Post a Comment