Friday 13 June 2014

GOA-VII

Ab aage…

So after getting fooled by the police and Zen getting drunk, the  next day we woke up around 11 am, had breakfast and everyone was in the room chatting, making plans. We were supposed to go to Calangute beach in the evening with the whole college for water sports. All of us gathered around 5 pm near the resort’s entrance, the bus was already waiting for us. Met everyone from the college whom we didn’t meet in the past 2-3 days as everyone was exploring Goa in their own way. We reached Calangute in 30 minutes. My hard cash got over, so I, Lakshya and Era went on to find an ATM . Zen, Navs and Shina went with everyone else to the beach and we were supposed to meet them at the entrance of  the beach, they didn’t have phone with them. So when we guys got the cash, we started searching for Zen, Navs and Shina but couldn’t find them.
20-30 minutes passed away and we still couldn’t find them and I was very irritated as water sports were going to end in next hour as it was getting dark. Finally, we found them and we rushed towards the parasailing ticket booth and I stood in the line and got tickets. We were the last batch to get the tickets. Everyone put on their life jackets and I didn’t feel like wearing one as I knew swimming but it was compulsory. We sat in the motor boat and we were ready to go. We were supposed to go in the middle of the sea and then start the parasailing. It was a beautiful ride, jumping through the waves and on the other side Era was feeling nauseous, so I sat besides her and asked her not see the water and to close her eyes. We reached in the middle of the sea and Zen was the first one to go, he got harnessed and the operator pulled the lever and in no time he was up in the sky. Zen is a guy who doesn’t get excited about things much. We were more excited than him to see him up in the sky. Next was my turn, when I reached up in the sky, I could see the whole Goa from there and cherished the view. Era and Shina went up together as they were too scared to go alone.
One by one everyone did parasailing and we came back to the beach again enjoying the boat ride. Once we reached the beach Era’s condition got worse and she walked up to the side of the beach and puked. All of us took a walk and it was getting dark, so we sat down on the beach. Lakshya was building mud castles, Navs was enjoying alone in the water, Zen and Shina went for a walk.
I and Era were lying on the beach and watching the sky, no one talked. After sometime, I dragged myself near her without her noticing and we started talking about something very random. Lying there besides her I felt something, butterflies in my stomach, our hands were very close to each others and I started caressing my hand on her hand, this continued for sometime, after gaining a lot of confidence I held her hand. Meri literally fatt gayi thi! No response for 10 seconds, I thought I should take my hand back. As I was about to lift my hand, she tightened it. I can never, in my entire life, explain that feeling. Only I and Era can understand ‘it’ (I am still getting chills in my entire body while writing this). No one spoke for the next 2-3 minutes and then out of nowhere I heard “I love you” and I realized that was ME who said that. Era didn’t reply and we lay there holding hands for some time. That was one of the best moments of my life, lying there with Era under the sky, holding her hand and listening to the sound of waves. It was the feeling of contentment.
Shina and Zen returned and it was time for us to leave the beach. I and Era kept holding hands as we were leaving the beach even when talking to a teacher. I just didn’t want to leave her hand or leave her at that time. I was talking to the teacher but my full concentration was on her. After a while, we left the beach and arrived the Calangute market , saw street food and rushed towards the stalls and ate shit load of Vadha Paus and Gol Gappe, till our belly was about to burst. On the way back to the bus Zen and I bought the Batman pyjamas.
Era was not talking the whole time and I sensed that there was something wrong and I asked her If there was something wrong. But she didn’t utter a word. She was still shocked from what happened at the beach. We boarded the bus, Era and I sat separately but Shina asked me to sit with her as Era was not feeling well. I think she did that on purpose as everyone noticed we were holding hands and that something was going on. I sat with her and she kept her head on my shoulder. I tried my best not to move my shoulder during the whole journey so as she didn’t pick her head from my shoulder. We both were quiet during the entire journey from the beach to the resort.

Blog continues…

5 comments: